Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Embossing in a Pasta maker! ? Awards!!

Pin It
Hi all, some of my Monday card ladies have asked me would the cuttlebug emboss folders work in a pasta maker and of course i had to go home and try.
And YES they do!
you need to put this on setting number 2 of the Pasta maker, the second widest setting. the only down fall is that you can't take the folder all the way through. You need to emboss half wind it out, flip it and emboss the other half but it dose a great job. The reason this idea came about was that some of the ladies didn't want to pay the big money for a machine as here in Australia they are still quite pricey but the could afford some folders. There's always another way around things, cool hey!!
Our other exciting news came this past week. Our youngest daughter came home with a Sport Ed award and was so happy...good on ya Madaleine love ya XXXXX

Doesn't she so look pleased with herself....were so proud! And our oldest daughter Beth has finally finished year 12. they had their formal assembly and last day of school on Friday and she was awarded an $8000 dollar scholarship to Avondale Uni to do Primary teaching. She was so excited because Avondale gave 3 of these to our school this year... the first school ever to get 3 given to the students in one school. And they were awarded to her friends Darren and Bethany.

So you can imagine how proud we are of the kids and how God has blessed them. Please remember them in your prayers though, in 3 weeks time they will be sitting for their HSC exams.....i made these cards for Beth and her friends and attached a pack of Kool mints to them and a note inside to encourage them for their futures.

Wow what a week God truly blesses....must go now I'm getting teary....I hope this has given you some more exciting ideas....until next post ...Valita
PS heres a hint from Sonja...
There's another option how to use the whole folder. My pasta machine has two legs on sides and one big plate on the bottom in beetwen. If you remove this plate, you can move the machine to the end of the table and let the folder run through. Without bending it. Hope this helps anyone.
Thanks for the tips Sonja much appreciated.
My pasta machine is just a cheap one and it dosen't have this plate you can remove so check them out.

and a last thought

I love the Lord because He hears
my prayers and answers them.
Because He bends down and listens, I will
pray as long as I breathe!
Psalms 116:1,2

7 comments:

Sonja said...

Hi, first let me thank you for all your tutorials, they are great.
I have tried to use pasta machine too, before I bought Cuttlebug.
There's another option how to use the whole folder. My pasta machine has two legs on sides and one big plate on the bottom in beetwen. If you remove this plate, you can move the machine to the end of the table and let the folder run through. Without bending it. Hope this helps anyone.

Suzi said...

I came to see what you had done with plastic table cloths with a link from pccrafter.com. That was fun, but what really caught my attention was the music. I had not heard Via Dolorosa in a long time. Gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. Jesus gave so much for us and He made us sisters.
Warmly, Suzi

Scrappy Doo 2 u said...

I've been reading your blog for sometime, but don't recall commenting more than once. I just wanted to let you know that your TUTORIALS ROCK!!!! I love reading them and seeing fun new ways to use old school supplies (punches) to create some pretty wicked stuff!

I've loved your posts so much that I had tried to contact you to see if I could cut and paste (of course, giving you credit for the post & a back link to your blog). I moderate at a website and would be honored if you'd allow me to borrow some of your posts!!

The website is www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/scrapchat

No matter what you decide, I am so lovin your blog ... happy subscriber. Keep the wicked tutorials coming.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You are just WAY too smart. A pasta maker! How cool. Had to link that one up. Brilliant way to save money. Many congrats on your daughters' accomplishments. You must be SO proud! Gorgeous card. I caught a fondness for penguins from my friend Kim and your card is the cutest pengie card I've seen yet! LOVE those icecubes!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, I found using the Pasta n' More saves me so much time in the kitchen. I found it at www.harrietcarter.com

Carole N. said...

I belong to a Yahoo group and was told that I could use my pasta machine to emboss since I don't own a Cuttlebug. The link to your blog was shared in your group so I came to see for myself that it does work.
My husband would say since I don't make pasta anymore I might as well use it for my crafts. LOL
Thanks for sharing and congrats to your daughters.
Big Hugs!

Pasta Dies said...

congrats for getting award for pasta maker.