Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

water colour / Folded flower

Pin It

Hello everyone, Its nice and chilly here today Ive been for my morning walk which was a huge effort for me today as i had a stack on my bike on sunday and am still a bit stiff and brused, my hip came off the worst......still can't figure out how i skinned both kness! but looks like I'll have to get a new helmet, that saved the old scon LOL. Well i though I'd show you Monday's cards we did in class. The ladies havent done much water colouring so we had a go at it. This is a new stamp for me from Stampendous called Fresh Blooms.
The leaves were hand drawn as i didnt have a stamp to match the sketching of the flower...very simple to do, but if your just not good at that find some leaf shapes and just trace them. The second card is a Dahlia fold card. I love this fold it can be made into so many things. Go here for the original Dahlia fold instructions.

We used just 2, 2.5" circles for this flower and the leaves are a sizzix die, stamens are a Leone em punch. Comes up quite effective but simple. Well just a short post today but i hope these can inspire you once again.....till next post.....Valita

and a last thought

The more lowly your service to others,
the greater you are. To be the greatest be a servent.
But those who think themselves great will be disapointed
and humbled; and those who humble themselves shall be exalted.
Matthew 23:11,12


7 comments:

Joanne said...

Both fabulous cards Valita. Particularly like the one with the dahlia fold - very creative.
Sorry to hear about your tumble off your bike - didn't know what a stack was until I read further! Hope your bruises and scrapes heal up fast.
Have been checking your blog regularly, but not had much time for commenting. Love all the other stuff you've been doing lately as well. Your new iris folding designs are beautiful.

Monica-FC said...

I love your cards. the dalahia folds was a great one and one that I haven't even tried yet. I visit your blog and your cards just amaze me whenever i seen them. thanks for sharing them.

Monica-FC said...

forgot to say also, I love the verse at the one from matthew. simply loved it.

ChrissyM said...

Stunning cards!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your fall.

Lin said...

Hi Valita.
These cards are both simply stunning. Purple is my favorite color. Love from the USA. Lin

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Breathtaking! Gorgeous cards and beautiful verse :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Valita this dahlia fold card is one of the loveliest I've ever seen!
-Sharon